With a network spanning the globe, an unmatched team of experts and 20 years of experience you are in good hands with the PFD Group.
The Partnerships for Finance and Development (PFD) Group has four main business functions:
- Support our clients to win tenders funded by targeted Multilateral DeveIopment Banks (MDBs) for supplies, works and services
- Tender together with clients and jointly implement projects funded by the MDBs.
- Mobilize required equity and non-recourse project finance from the World Bank’s IFC, other IFIs & private sources for specific projects (or groups of projects) based on innovative financing solutions.
- Support clients to communicate to the MDBs needed changes to their development aid strategies.
The US Company is a Limited Liability Company (LLC) registered in Delaware, and licensed to do business in Washington, D.C.
The PFD Group works with an extensive network of international partners that enables our clients--private sector companies, Non-Governmental Organizations, and Foundations or Associations-- to gain a full understanding of the MDBs, bidding practices and form winning alliances by identifying the most qualified local partners. In Brussels the Group’s key partner is TAS Europrojects, and in Istanbul it is PFD Turkey. See PFD Core Group page for more information on our partners.
The Group’s hands-on approach and solid commitment provides clients with tangible results. The PFD Group provides its select clients an unprecedented success ratio. We helped clients to win on average about 37% of all tenders — a considerably higher rate than the industry standard of 25-30%. The US company’s success rate with MCC over the last four years reached 60%.
The PFD Group provides clients access to the accrued knowledge of its President/CEO who brings over 35 years of operational experience in working with the MDBs. This expertise, combined with that of the staff, associates, and consultants and the Group's Global Network provides our clients a winning combination whether they are experienced or newcomers to the MDB market. Clients have been with PFD Group for over 15 years!
- The Group offers expertise in the following business areas and sectors:
- 1. Human and social development (including education, population, health and nutrition);
- 2. Economic policy and public sector management
- 3. Agriculture, Environment, regional and local development
- 4. Finance and private sector development
- 5. Infrastructure development (roads, railways, water supply and distribution, sewerage, power generation and transmission, oil/gas, transport, telecom and more)
- 6. Information and Communications Technology for Development (ICT-D)
- 7. Projects and program monitoring and evaluation
Our wide-reaching presence and our multi-linguistic staff of professionals provide you easy and local access to opportunities worldwide.
Through its network, the PFD Group assists clients win contracts financed by the following MDBs:
- The World Bank Group (WBG) in Washington, D.C.
- International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD)
- International Development Association (IDA)
- The International Finance Corporation (IFC)
- MCC, the Millennium Challenge Corporation
- Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) in Washington, D.C.
- European Union (EU) Development Cooperation and other funds managed by the European Commission, in Brussels
- The European Investment Bank (EIB), in Luxembourg
- The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), in London
- The African Development Bank (AFDB), in Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB), in Manila